Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Quite the Spread

Good morning! I am sure you will all be happy to hear that I am in a very good mood this morning. The sushi and wine night at our friend’s gorgeous newly-renovated condo got me out of my funk. She made a beautiful dinner consisting not only of sushi, but also chicken and beef sliders, sweet potato fries, salad and baguette with goat cheese. Though I ate more than I should have (I try to think of the bikinis sitting in my drawer but it’s tough) we had a great time and no one could hide their excitement for the upcoming trip. It was a good group last night… we sat, ate, and chatted until we were full and ready to go home to bed. So thanks again D for the great night! Your place is beautiful and I am so happy you are finally all moved in.

                     
Something else that cheered me up yesterday, was going to T’s dress fitting. With the wedding 10 days away (and in the Bahamas no less) we were hoping to take it home. But, alas, it wasn’t perfect and so we will be making one more trip back to the boutique before the dress goes home with my sister.  I don’t mind though… I find such beauty in wedding dress stores and no, I’m not referring only to the dresses. I love watching the girls going in and out of the changing rooms, emerging in the most beautiful white gowns you have ever seen. They look in the mirror, tilt their heads and try to decide if this is the dress they want to say ‘I do’ in. Though dramatic shows like ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ depict many Bridezillas who cannot make up their mind, or try on hundreds of dresses only to leave empty-handed… my favorite brides are the quiet ones. I love watching a shy, timid bride come out of the dressing room, look at herself in the mirror, and start smiling ear to ear. I love how she is quiet with her admiration; she knows she looks beautiful and you can see it in her eyes. She doesn’t need to jump up and down and scream ‘this is the one’ because usually either her mother or maid of honor can tell just by her expression. She is confident in her decision and knows, the same way she did with her fiancée, that this is ‘the one’.  And then, to seal the deal, the saleslady brings out the veil and bouquet, bringing everyone to tears. I’ll admit, I have watched other brides while waiting for my sister and have, on occasion, teared up despite the fact that this girl is a complete stranger.  T was one of these brides. She didn’t make a big scene, or drag ten family members to her appointment. She went in with an open mind, and came out with a gown that fits and suits her better than I could ever have imagined. Even though the dress wasn’t perfect yesterday, it will be on the day she wears it. I know that it will take B’s breath away and the thought alone brings tears to my eyes. What can I say?  I am a sucker for weddings and a sucker for love. I am not romantic and mushy gushy… but I LOVE a good love story and I think the best kind of love is like these brides; not showy and over the top… but reserved, confident and strong.  So here’s the Love and to Friday!

           

With Love,

S

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I was introduced to your blog by Chania at Razmataz. I've got 4 sisters, so I can relate you ladies. Your blog is sweet and happy! Love it.
    Have a great day! That Limoncello, btw, looks heavenly, and I do love cookies late at night too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo girls! Like janis, I'm hear through Chania at Razmataz. My sister V. and I write our blog together too. Hope you post the limoncello recipe...would love to give that a go...and I am totally enthralled at the prospect of this wedding.
    Would love to be a 'follower' but you don't seem to have that option on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Janis, my boyfriend may not follow a recipe... raised in Italy, he knows most recipes by heart... but i'll try and follow along and get some sort of recipe for you. We haven't figured out how to allow followers... hopefully we will figure it out soon! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, I did something wrong there...so hopefully this will sort the website-thing out. If not...come see us at Beauty In The Ordinary
    http://jaxxvixx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you do well and so far so good. One day I too hope to be blogger. Looking forward to reading and seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your heartfelt description of watching bride's purchase THE dress. I agree it is the quiet sweet ones I love to see transformed. Have fun at the family wedding. My son just got married in May and we have so many wonderful memories from that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously this Quite the Spread | Life of Three is indeed , very good to read

    ReplyDelete