Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

S is for Stylist

It’s FINALLY Friday and if I said last week dragged on it was only because I had no idea what was in store for me this week. I am working long hours to try and prepare for the week I am going to be missing and, as is usually the case, everyone has “emergencies” that “absolutely have to be done before you leave”. It’s great to feel needed at work, but there’s a limit. Running around and having lots to do usually makes the days go faster, but when you’re packing more hours into an already hectic day it just leaves you feeling exhausted. Plus trying to fit in gym time, seeing friends before leaving, appointments, packing… ANYWAY,  I need to stop complaining because there are only 2 days left until we leave for the Bahamas and that fact alone eliminates my right to b**ch.  I hate to admit this, but I am not packed yet. The women in my office, all of whom are older and have families, gave me the wide-eyed “WHAT!!” when I told them that this morning. My response: “I like to live dangerously”.  My real excuse: lack of inspiration. I have been so tired these past couple of days that I haven’t been able to put together proper outfits. I know, I know… I’m going to the Caribbean and all I need to do is throw on a bikini or a sun dress, but I like OUTFITS. I don’t like to bring unnecessary items (which is virtually impossible to avoid) so I like to know which shoes/bracelets/earrings I will be wearing with which dress/skirt/bikini. By putting together outfits instead of just throwing pieces into a suitcase, I avoid bringing a whole bunch of things that I won’t end up wearing. Though I change my mind while down there and bring backups just in case, it makes getting ready that much easier. On top of all this… I love to play stylist. If blogging isn’t my true calling, and my backup career of being a wedding planner falls through, then I would like to be a stylist. I love putting together combinations of clothes on other people who may not have come up with the look on their own and as a result, make them feel better about how they look. I love clothes. I love fashion. And I love dressing other people. In addition to the wedding shows I love to watch, I also love fashion shows. I have watched enough of them and flipped through enough magazine fashion spreads to know how to make any body type look its best. Now, I am no Rachel Zoe, and some people may not agree with me on this one… but I love to do it and usually people are open to me helping them out when they can’t decide ‘what to wear’.  I am also very good about lending stuff to my friends and sisters, and would never hesitate to say “hey, I have a great necklace for that top” if someone needed an extra accessory.  Ok, so I just sat here for a good half an hour writing, when I could have been organizing myself so I better get going. Hopefully my closet will be more cooperative today and I can finally get some things into my suitcase. I’ll post some pictures of the outfits I put together (that is if I ever get them put together) but for now… I will just post outfits I wish I had :)


With Love,

S

3 comments:

  1. S, check out polyvore.com. you can put together different outfits. tops, bottoms jackets shoes accessories everything, i think you will enjoy.
    It helps me for outfit inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks :) See you soooooonnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, at least you will have lots of girls to borrow and lend from should you forget something.......

    ReplyDelete