Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Boooooooo

Good morning and Happy Halloween! It’s Monday (again) and even though the day is dragging on a bit, I am in a pretty good mood today. My mood, however, has nothing to do with it being Halloween. I’m sorry if I sound like a Debby Downer, but I am not a big fan of Halloween. Though I think it is a lot of fun when you are a little kid, or when you have little kids, I think there are many years in between when it is just an over-hyped occasion much like New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day. Now please, don’t get me wrong, I am not one of those people who won’t go to a party or who turns off their lights and doesn’t give out candy… but I do happen to be one of those people who does not like to dress up.  I really don’t like to be a poor sport, but I can never seem to find a costume that I feel comfortable in. And no one can say I don’t try. T & I spent most of our Saturday running from store to store trying to find ANY inspiration and found NOTHING.  They are either too expensive, too itchy, too goofy or …. How do I put this? Too … revealing.  I don’t dress provocatively in my normal life, so I see no need to use Halloween as an excuse to do so. HOWEVER, for those who like to dress up I say “More power to you!!” Just because I’m not into it doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the work others put into their costumes. I give a lot of credit to all those creative people who really put their all into their costumes and totally rock it. On Saturday night T and our friend M threw a Birthday/Halloween Party and it was so much fun. With a Mexican themed menu, Halloween décor and plenty of drinks, it was a great success. So thanks again to T & M for all their hard work and Happy Birthday again to Miss S. I would also like to give a shout-out to K for the amazing Halloween Birthday Cake she whipped up on short notice… It was awesome!



 On another note, it was our Mom’s birthday yesterday and we all got together at their house for a delicious meal and birthday cake prepared by K. We laughed, drank wine, sang happy birthday and had a great time. So happy birthday Mom! You deserve the best for all you put up with :)

 One last thing… I had mentioned last week that my boyfriend’s brother and his wife were expecting their second child. Well, last Wednesday at around 3 AM they welcomed a happy, healthy, beautiful baby boy. They haven’t decided on a name yet, but they will soon. I have only visited him once since my boyfriend has a cold and doesn’t want to get the baby sick, but I plan on stopping by after work to see him and big brother in his Halloween costume. I posted a picture of me holding the baby. I apologize for my frazzled appearance but I didn’t get much sleep the night before… and boy can you tell! He, however, is adorable and chill... everything you could ask for in a baby. He didn't even cry when I was holding him, though I'm sure he could sense that I was nervous!



That is all for now… but Happy Halloween everyone! Try not to eat too much candy! I can't make any promises.

With Love, 

S

No comments:

Post a Comment