Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

TRUTH OR DARE



Truth - I have the best family and friends I could ever ask for. Dare - I dare anyone to try and prove me wrong.

The past couple of weeks have been an incredible experience for me.  I had a memorable trip to the Bahamas, the most beautiful wedding, married an incredible man all the while surrounded by my family and friends.



My wedding was perfect because I had the most perfect maid of honor.  Plain and simple.  I never could have imagined just how much work planning a wedding was.  From the invitations to the color scheme, the location, the dress, the meal..........it goes on and on.  But luckily for me (and the sake of my wedding), I made the best decision I could have made right from the beginning by choosing my little sister as my maid of honor.  Without any experience, she jumped on the band wagon and led the parade.  My wedding was exactly how I had always imagined.  Romantic.  Dark setting, candles burning, live music with saxophone, white floral arrangements romantic.  My sister pulled it all together and made my visions come to life.  She was wonderful and for that I am forever grateful to her.



When it was finally all over, after months of planning and anticipation, I prepared myself for what I thought were the inevitable feelings to be felt- sad and down - the feelings that you would expect to come when you are thrown back into reality after all of the excitement.   But they did not.  My week quickly filled with dinner plans, girl's nights and time alone with my new husband and I soon stood corrected.  I realised, as long as I have the friends that I do, the family that I love and the life partner I cherish, my reality will always be exciting and I will always have tomorrow to look forward to.

Love,

T

2 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes T. You won't have time to feel a let down...always too much going on with you guys....

    S did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was beautiful and perfect. I couldn't be happier for you and B. You're the most amazing friends I could ever ask for xo

    ReplyDelete