Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Home away from Home

B and I headed to Oakville/Toronto this weekend for a hockey tournament and visit with his family.  We had a great time and as usual, it results in a car ride home debating if ever we would leave Montreal and head back to Oakville.  We both love what we have in Montreal – my family, our jobs, our friends and our lives so close to such a vibrant city.  In Oakville, we have his family and the white picket fence communities that I have always pictured raising my family in (I especially love the downtown area).   Too hard of a decision to make – I wish we could just split our time...


 My sister-in-law kindly invited us to join her at the Wine and Food Festival in Toronto while we were visiting and I am so glad she did.  In Montreal, I attend the annual Beer Festival but we do not have anything for winos like me.  This was such a fun event.  There were dozens of booths set up with hundreds of wines from all around the world to sample.  I tried some really great (and some not so great) wines, spirits and bubbly.  Although I don’t think I was such a great judge of flavour after number 6 and on...


 



After such a busy, lovely weekend, B and I decided to stay in tonight and cook.  I made vegetarian chilli and he made a meat pie (to compensate for the lack of meat in my chilli).  Then together we made cookies.  


                                     


We used the recipe from the back of Chipits bag.  This was a first and boy are they delicious! 


Good evening.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment