Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Love Actually Is All Around

Good (?) Monday morning everyone! Though I am sure you know how much I hate Mondays, the weather this morning continues to be mild for this time of year and that makes me happy. Nervous, but happy. Nervous because this is definitely the calm before the storm… and not a metaphorical storm, but an actual one.  I hope that we aren’t going to pay for all this nice weather, but I have a feeling we might. They are calling for a cold winter with lots of snow, otherwise known as winter in Montreal, and I fear that they are right.

Despite the inevitable impending doom, I am still in a great mood. I had a great weekend, though not a quiet one, and I feel rested and ready for the week. As I had anticipated, my weekend was full of shopping, baking and dinners, mixed in with a little relaxation; the perfect combination. After a morning of shopping on Saturday, I made a second round of Challah bread and a big batch of homemade chicken noodle soup. Sunday I slept in a little, and then had the best morning. I sat watching Love Actually*, which is one of my favorite movies to watch around the Holidays, with a hot bowl of chicken soup and some warm Challah Bread. Pure happiness :).



I am sure that many would agree with me, when I say that there is something very special about that movie. Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for the arrival gate at the airport (my sisters, mom and I caused quite the scene when I arrived home after being away for 8 months, but that's a story for another day), maybe it's because I love the holidays and how everyone seems a little happier at this time of year, or maybe it's just because I love love, but I cry every time I watch it. It makes me so happy. And the best line is the opening one 'Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - love actually is all around.'

 LOVE :)

*Side note: If this were to go into the grid, it would go in as ‘Acceptable’. The reason being it is NOT YET ACCEPTABLE to watch Holiday Movies, but Love Actually is not a Holiday Movie… but a romantic comedy that just happens to take place during the Christmas Holidays. There is a BIG difference… I promise. The Holiday, another favorite, also falls into this category.

Something else that I managed to check off my ‘to-do’ list for the holidays this weekend was planning my Christmas Party outfits. Though I am sure I will change my mind at least twice, I wanted to make sure I at least had SOME options for outfits to wear so I wouldn’t be stressed out the day before an event. As I have mentioned, I now have 5 parties that I must attend and at least 8 others that I need to consider. Even though most of the guests won’t overlap from one party to another, I still don’t want to be stuck wearing the same thing to all of them. After ripping my closet apart, and throwing all my dresses all over my room, I have narrowed it down to a few options. I may have to repeat an outfit, but I’m off to a good start.



As I said in my earlier holiday outfit post, I love a LBD with a twist. The black dress has a gorgeous lace overlay which sets it apart from the usual classic black dress. It is perfect with a pair of tights and black pumps.



The one shoulder dress is a little different, but still very holiday. It has silver and white flowers, and pockets which I LOVE.



Then comes the glitter!!! I promised myself that I wouldn't buy a sparkly dress unless it was perfect. I hate when I get blinded by the bling, and buy something too over the top. But this dress is perfect. It has different shades of sparkles, ranging from gold to a dark brown, and it is the perfect length for an office party or for New Years Eve. I came accross it this weekend, and knew I had to have it.



I paired them all with necklaces, but am not sure if I like the combinations... so we'll see. What I do know is that I will be bringing this bag to all the parties:




It is by far one of my favorite bags and one of the best purchases I have ever made. Though it rarely gets to come out other than during the holidays, I absolutely love it. It is black satin and has a 'bow shape' making it perfect for Christmas time and the perfect accent for a holiday outfit. 



So all in all, my weekend was awesome. I got a lot done, but still got to relax and spend time with family. It's the begining of a new week, and November 28th, making it less than a month away from Christmas. I guess I know what I'll be doing on my lunch hours from now on! Have a great day and an awesome week :)

With love,

S

2 comments:

  1. You're such a great writer! Seriously.
    And love the bag!
    Your blog is distracting me from homework ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks boo! Don't be distracted... BACK TO WORK :P

    ReplyDelete