Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

For People Like Me Who Love Love

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone woke up in a good mood this morning and are ready to take on the day. I've decided that since next week is already February, it's time for the guys to start thinking about what they are going to do for Valentine's Day. Or maybe I should say that it's time for the girls to start hinting (or flat out telling) their guys to start thinking about what they are going to do for Valentine's Day. I don't know what kind of Valentine's Day expectations you have, but I know that for many it often ends in disappointment. I've decided to share a few realistic and very easy tips that any guy can follow to make Valentine's Day special for their special girl. Here it goes:


Sara's "How Not To End Up Sleeping On The Couch" Valentine's Day Tips:

1. Don't hint at, or make promises that you can't keep. When it comes to Valentine's Day, some girls let their imaginations run wild. Examples:

"It will be a night you will never forget": Your mind = you're going to make her dinner and buy flowers. Her mind = proposal and big diamond ring.

"Just relax, and leave it all up to me": Your mind = I will vaccuum and take care of ordering dinner. Her mind = a weekend away complete with day at the spa. 

"Baby, you think I never listen, but I don't need any ideas": Your mind = I ordered the 'slap chop' weeks ago after she complained about having to cut up all the veggies for her salad. This one's in the bag. Her mind = he bought me that gold Tiffany's ring I showed him in a magazine 6 months ago and told him I loved so much. 

"I know it's Valentine's Day tomorrow, I would never forget": Your mind = s**t how is it already February 13th? I guess I just got way too caught up in the Superbowl, I forgot. I hope I can find something for her at the drug store. Her mind = you bought her gift months ago and prepared a menu to boot, complete with chocolate soufflé for desert.

2. When a girl says "Honey, you know I'm not that kind of girl, you know I think Valentine's Day is jusy a day create by Hallmark to sell cards". SHE'S LYING! DO SOMETHING! THIS IS A RED FLAG IF I'VE EVER SEEN ONE. NO GIRL WOULD EVER PASS UP AN OCCASION TO BE TREATED LIKE A PRINCESS SO DON'T FORGET THAT! SHE WILL GET UPSET AND IT WILL END IN THE INEVITABLE "BUT BABY, YOU TOLD ME YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN VALENTINE'S DAY!" FIGHT.

3. Make Valentine's Day special within your means. Don't go and buy things you can't afford, or spend money on an extravagent dinner that is going to put you in debt. You can make things special at any price point and within any budget. Many girls will prefer a nice homecooked meal with a small bouquet of flowers anyway; it's much more personal that going to an overcrowded restaurant and having to stick to a set overpriced menu. If she doesn't appreciate the thought and effort, then you don't want to be with her anyway.

4.  Make Valentine's Day personal. Don't do what is expected of you if it isn't what your girl likes. If you are with someone who hates flowers, then don't bring home flowers. If you're girl is allergic to cocoa, then don't buy her a box of chocolates. And for goodness sakes guys, please please please cut it out with the stuffed animals! It was cute when we were young, but they just collect dust now and end up going in the garbage. I know it's the thought that counts, but save the money and buy a bottle of wine instead.

I have included a few links to good, and affordable ideas for gifts or activities for you and your loved one. I'll share any others that I may find in the next couple weeks:


Valentine's Day Gift Pack: includes a necklace and earrings. Every girl loves jewelry, and even though, like me, they may have tons, sometimes it's nice to get something new.

Manicure, Pedicure and 60 Minute Massage: every girl likes to be pampered, especially a package like this. The only flaw is that, on Valentine's Day, it might be better to get a couples massage, but some girls like to just relax on their own. This is quite an affordable way to make someone who loves the spa feel special. 

4 Hour Classic Cocktail Class: this is thinking outside of the box. A cool and interesting way to spend some time together, plus you get to try some drinks. Something for a girl who likes to try new things.

Romantic Adult Products From 'Oh Behave' Love Shop: make sure that this gift is right for your girl before buying. Because it could be interpreted as a gift for you, you need to make sure that it won't come off looking that way. Has to be for a girl who appreciates this sort of riské gift. 

1 Romantic Night Away in a Fallsview Room At Niagara Falls: for the ultimate romantic weekend away, there is no where like Niagara falls (although Tracy and I did share a sister's weekend there, where people definitely thought we were a couple, but that's a story for another day), there is something magical and so romantic about Niagara falls. Before booking a weekend away, however, make sure your girl can actually get away and doesn't have to work... as I often do on the weekends. Includes dinner as well.

Dinner at Pizza Hut: aka a one-way ticket to sleeping in sofa city. UNLESS, of course, your girlfriend is like me and loves pizza hut. Though I don't think I would like eating at PH on Valentine's Day, especially since they got rid of their Sundae Bar (a true travesty and the reason for their decline if you ask me) I do love me some hut and would love a date night there any other night. I included this as a kind of 'what not to do' Valentine's Day deal.  


So there you have it my friends, some things to live by when coming up with Valentine's Day plans. I'm not trying to sound mean, snobby or rude with these rules, so I hope I didn't come off that way. To be honest, I love just being made to feel special on Valentine's Day even if it means just being taken care of for the day. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a #2 tip, because I do want to be made to feel special, but it's doesn't need to be on anyone else's terms. I want my boyfriend to find a way to make me feel special in a way that is personal for me, because it will be different than what makes another girl feel special. It's all about taking the time to make it hers, and I know that E will do exactly that. So come on guys, step it up this year and, instead of taking the standard chocolate and flowers route, step outside the box. I know you have it in you. Besides, nothing's better than Valentine's Day when you're in love. Happy Tuesday everyone. I hope it's a good one, and I hope I didn't stress the guys out!



With Love,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment