Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Drifting

Good Friday Morning Everyone! I'm sure that most of you are with me in saying that you are so happy that it's the weekend. It was been such a beautiful week weather-wise and, even though the temperatures aren't going to be quite as high this weekend, it will be nice to get out and enjoy some of this unseasonably nice weather. I am also tired this week... I know I say that a lot, but I have just been so busy and I really need a break. I hope that E and I get a day to ourselves this weekend, though that may not happen due to work etc. But here's to hoping! With thoughts of the weekend, I find it hard to focus. The mix of exhaustion and excitement (that it's Friday) are causing my mind to drift. I'm in my own world today. 

Though I love everything that has to do with fashion or clothes, I do not have a keen eye when it comes to interior decorating. I know what I like when I see it in magazines, or when I go visit houses with clients, but for some reason, I just can't seem to pull it together in my own apartment. My visualization skills are not developed enough when it comes to seeing pieces together or being able to picture things together. Let's just put it this way: I know what I like, and I know what I don't like... I just don't know how to get what I like and avoid what I don't like. 

T is lucky, her MIL is very skilled when it comes to interior decorating and has an incredible eye for putting pieces together. I, however, am quite useless. Some things I would never think to do, but when she does them... they always turn out beautifully. I guess I just really love her style of decorating and wish I could do something like this to my living room, or put together pieces like this, or have a dining room that looks like this. I love her use of white, and light wood and how she uses pops of color. If you want to see more of her design, go on over to her blog Razmatazblog.blogspot.com it's a great read. 

While at home last night, I decided to browse some websites for furniture. Not because I need any as E's apartment has everything, but simply because I had run out of clothing to look at. While browsing, I came across this driftwood side table and fell in love. 


A client of ours had a pair like this and I often found myself admiring them. They had them in the bedroom, but I think it would look really nice in the living room next to a low sectional such as this one: 

This Buzz Fabric Sofa from Mobilia is one that I have had my eye on for a while. It is too big for my living room (nevermind that we already have a couch) but I absolutely love it and look at it every day on the way into my office (there is a Mobilia in my office building). I find it so crisp and clean and it is actually really comfy looking. I know a lot of people don't like mixing light and dark woods, but I think this Westmore Entertainment Center would look great with the other pieces. 

And on the walls of my non-existent, imaginary, way over my budget living room... I would paint it in either Igloo, or Manhattan Mist by Behr. 


So there you have it... Maybe with a little more practice, I could add interior decorator to my list of jobs I would do if all of my other jobs fell through :) Have a great weekend everyone!

With Love,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment