Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Lentil Love

I am going through a little bit of a lentil phase - making anything and everything I can with them. Last weekend I posted a delicious Sausage & Lentil recipe I got from SOSCUISINE and since I had quite a few vegetables leftover, I decided to create a soup last night.


What I used:
-          1 cup of water
-          3 cups of chicken broth (I used the ones low in sodium)
-          1 can of diced tomatoes
-          8 tbsp of lentils (preferably from the soup mix bag…there is other fun stuff in it like random alphabet letters!)
-          4 carrots, chopped
-          3 stems of celery, chopped
-          2 onions
-          1 cup of broccoli
-          4 cloves of garlic
-          Salt & pepper to taste
-  In a large saucepan, bring the water and chicken broth to a boil. Add the tomatoes and lentils and continue to boil for about 10 minutes. Add carrots.
-  Once the carrots have begun to soften, add celery, onions, and broccoli.  Add garlic, salt and pepper.  I left it for about 30 minutes on medium heat until it was ready to be served.
In addition to being delicious, lentils are incredibly good for you so you can enjoy this recipe knowing it is doing your body well! Happy Friday!
Tracy

1 comment: