Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Piccola Italia

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone! I know it's already Wednesday and I am only posting about my weekend now, but it has been a busy week at work and my laptop is currently being worked on at apple... so I apologize for being a lazy blogger, but I'm back with a weekend post. You know what they say, better late than never! 


Though I didn't make it to any real Grand Prix Festivities, I did have a great weekend and spent lots of time outside enjoying the great city Montreal is in the summertime. E and I decided to head to the St-Laurent street Fair on Saturday to enjoy a drink out on a Terrace, enjoying the beautiful weather. Then, on Sunday, we headed to Little Italy to watch Italy face Spain in the Euro Cup. And, of course, with the Grand Prix on and the Euro Cup, Little Italy was buzzing with activity. 


Some old Fiat 500 on display

Kids playing soccer on a temporary soccer field in the street

Tourists and locals enjoying the sunny weather 
After walking around for a little while, we settled in at a nice little restaurant to enjoy lunch, some Sangria and to watch the game. I think E and I were the only ones not wearing Italy jerseys...


E enjoying the game

My lunch

E's lunch




We had a really nice time, despite the tie between Italy and Spain, and I was really happy we got out and did something different for a change. Because I often work on the weekends, and E has been as well recently, we haven't spent much time doing stuff together that we enjoy. We were lucky to have the day together and we then headed over to my parents house that evening for a BBQ. All in all, a very successful weekend. As I mentioned here, in my summer post, summers are short and sweet in Montreal and you have to make the best of them. You can't sit around and wait for summer to happen, you have to make it happen. I plan on taking advantage of all the free time I have in the next couple of months to do as many exciting new things as I can, as well as the usual summertime traditions that we have. So, who's in?


With Love,
S



1 comment: