Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Just Saying (NOT a Thanksgiving post...)

Hello all!!!

It has been a while a while since I have made an appearance (not feeling super inspired recently... moving into my first house (YAY!!!) has left me VERY tired...) And unfortunately, I have returned... grumpy & looking to vent! ha ha ha Sorry!!!

My topic on this fine Saturday afternoon- POP-INS

As my little sister has made you all aware, DB (my new fiance- whom I love very much for various reasons) and I have recently moved into out new home. It is beautiful, , comfy, cozy and overall absolutely perfect for us. What is NOT perfect for me however... is the in-law pop-ins!!!

Before I go on, please allow me to explain- I LOVE my future-in-laws (I really do!) however, yesterday was  our 1-month anniversary with our house and I think I'd need two hands to count the number of times they've "been in the area" and stopped in!!! TWO HANDS!!!

Now friends, don't misunderstand... I LOVE having you pop-in... cause you are friends and not my in-laws!!! You are forgiving of whatever state I am in/what I am doing/how my house looks. Not to mention, you are capable of reading between the lines- when I answer the door half-naked, with wet hair, 2 items on the stove, one in the oven, and the fire alarm going off (NOT an exaggeration!!!) you a) let yourself in and take it upon yourselves to make yourself at home or b) realize this just isn't a good time but you certainly don't wait for me to entertain you!!!!

PLEASE! Someone tell me if I'm being unreasonable?!?!?!

I didn't think so...

Honestly- how should one handle this situation without hurting the in-laws feelings or making them feel unwelcome??? (Which I suppose they are ha ha ha on a pop-in basis at least! Bdon't want to make them FEEL that way...)

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!


XOXOXOX
K




1 comment:

  1. Our son always says we're welcome to come over anytime they're not home. We got the hint. We'll be in Montreal next week...maybe we'll pop by your place!

    ReplyDelete