Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

7 Swans a Swimmin'

Ok, so I'll be the first to admit that I don't really know how the whole '12 days of Christmas' thing works. Is it a countdown to Christmas? Does 1 start at Christmas or does 12 start twelve days before Christmas.... but either way... I'm saying 7 swans a swimmin' and I'm sticking to it. Good afternoon and happy 7 days until Christmas everyone! I know we've been lazy, and our blog posts have been sporadic, but I found it quite necessary to do a 'week before Christmas kickoff' post. We leave for the States on Saturday and, even though my gifts aren't wrapped yet and I haven't even thought about packing... I am getting more and more excited about our upcoming trip. I find it hard to express how happy I am that we will soon be together as a family. Here are some of the fun times from Christmas' past





While I am extremely happy that my sisters and going to be spending the holidays with our family, I have to admit that I say it with some sadness. The sadness stems from the obvious tragedy that is on all of our minds. I have said many prayers for the lost lives, both of the childrens and their families, and I will continue to do so during the entire Holiday season. Though I don't want to get into a discussion about gun control, or the politics behing it, I found this article to be extremely interesting. You can click here to read it if you choose to. For now, all I can do is love those close me a little harder, hold them a little longer, and feel truly blessed that I can still tell them I love them.
E and I were also very lucky this past weekend because we got to host a dinner party with family, friends, and even babies. We are, drank and were merry, and I think everyone had a great time.

I am happy right now. Happy spending time with family and friends that I love. Happy preparing for the holidays. Happy being Happy.
With Love,
S

2 comments:

  1. My little S - I miss you a lot - your soft voice, your caring, your shy smile and most of all your empathy.... always ready to help someone. I'm really happy to read that the whole family will be together for X-Mas - Plse give my personal greatings to your Mom and Dad. As for me, I am cooking a frenzie for X-Mas - cakes, Chicken Pot Pies - doughnuts (my grand children's favorite).

    Keep well my little one - and I wish you and E the most beautiful X-mas, full of love, joy and most of all serenity.

    I grow very nostalgic at this time of the year -and more than ever this year having lost my bro some 5 months ago. Luckily I have another one and let me tell you he and my sister-in-law take care of me.

    Lots of love, kisses and hugs

    Lyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven swans is about right...YAY....can;t wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete