Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's A Birthday (But No Baby Yet)

I've wanted to write this post all day, but haven't out of fear that everyone receving it would think that Baby has come. Well he/she has not yet come, and we are all anxiously awaiting said arrival. K, K & I cannot wait to become aunties and I know that T has waited her whole life to become a mama. Well... hang in there T, because Baby will be here any day now. 

The reason for this post is that it happens to be a very special day: K's birthday. Seeing as Mama H and Dad aren't home, we didn't do a blowout celebration, or shower her with gifts (or give her the gift she wanted which was a new niece or nephew)... we did have a small dinner to celebrate her day. 


As anyone who reads this blog already knows, my sisters and I are extremely close... in fact, they are my best friends. We share everything... whether good or bad... but, most importantly, we support one another. Whether they come to me with happy news, or sad news, I know that they know I will be there to share in the good... and cry during the bad. I will listen without judgement, be happy without jealousy, and be protective when I need to be. The same way they would do for me. What it all comes down to, is that there is no one in this world who knows you better than your sisters. No one has been through what we have been through... but us.


For as long as I can remember, K has been there to protect her little sisters, to listen without judgement, and to love us as hard as her strong little heart would allow. And soon (hopefully) there will be a new addition to our family that will find his/her own little spot in her heart as well. She will love the new baby as fiercely as she loves every single member of her family.

So... on this very special night... I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday and tell her that I hope this year is nothing short of spectacular. She deserves no less than that.  She is the best big sister you could ever ask for and we love her. Plain and simple. 






Never stop being you K. 
Much Love,
Your LSF

1 comment:

  1. Read it for 50th time- still makes me cry.
    Love u so much

    ReplyDelete